As part of my summer 2016 Scooter Trip, I am trying to methodically expose myself to a wide range of subjects, both mentally and as I visit around the country. I started this list before I departed, updated it all summer, and did one final edit after I returned home. I know its right!. Things I want to learn about (external) or think about (internal):
External / Experiential:
- New Urbanism / Zoning (and the state of America’s infrastructure)
- Transit Systems and Transit Technology
- CoHousing (and other High Density Living)
- Authoring and Blogging Technology
- Dancing & Dance Exercise: Types, Discipline & Approaches to Teaching
- Personality Archetypes, One to One Relationships & Power Exchange (for future relationships)
- Transit Based Traveling (in advance of a future European Trip)
- Nature and Natural Experiences (for possible future Camping or Hiking trips)
- Vegetarian & Vegan eating, hydration during exercise & travel
- Communication skills, active listening & empathy, approaching strangers
Internal / Self-Discovery:
- My Personal Goals and Priorities going forward and, in retrospect, what internal conflicts led to my separation & divorce.
- My Personal Communication Skills and Quirks (and Exercises to Improve Shortcomings)
- My Self-Reliance & Confidence making Mechanical Repairs
- My Personal Preferences for Recreation, Leisure, Travel, Exercise, and Dining using experiments to find new ones.
- The Universal characteristics of UU congregations & individuals, and therefore myself.
I noticed that I took absolutely NO interest in:
- The Fall Election or Electioneering
- Religion, Atheism, Separation of Church and State
- World & National News Events
- Sports including the Summer Olympics
- Self entertainment: Movies & Stage, Gambling & Casinos, Sports or Entertainment Events.